Seattle Pacific University CREDITS · 3 Semester Credits - 5 Quarter
CEUS for Teachers has partnered with Seattle Pacific Univesity to offer high-quality courses using the flexibility of online delivery. Participants must have a bachelor's degree to be eligible.
To take a Professional Development Course and earn SPU Credit:
- First, register for the course below.
- Complete the course.
- Students pay one total fee to Seattle Pacific University.
After you have completed the course:
- CEUS for teachers will send a grade report to SPU within 72 hours.
- Seattle Pacific University will mail an official transcript upon request. Contact SPU Student Academic Services website to learn how to access an unofficial transcript or request an official transcript. There is a $5 fee for each official transcript, payable at the time it is ordered.
This course is designed to explore different strategies and instructional approaches to help students succeed in the classroom. Teachers will learn to recognize the role of teaching students about Grit and Mindset. The course is targeted for educators in the K-12 grade levels, including special education, counselors, administration, and instructional coaches.
- Define Grit and describe how to effectively use it in the classroom.
- Define Mindset and describe how to effectively use it in the classroom.
- Summarize attitudes about the terms Grit and Mindset in education.
- Develop a mission/vision statement related to how the concept of Grit and Mindset plays a role in instruction.
Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck ISBN # 9780345472328
In order to receive a Passing grade, the participant must:
1. Class Participation: Each student is expected to read assigned material, participate in online discussions for each lesson and activities related to course objectives.
2. Activities: A number of different learning activities will ensure participant engagement and learning in the course. These include:
- Grit Scale Exercise
- Article Summary
- Chapter Summaries
3. Journal Entry: The journal will require students to make a connection with the course theory and materials to the student’s own classroom practice.
4. Culminating Project: The final project will integrate the student’s learning of all lessons. The materials will be synthesized into a final project that illustrates how the content will be used in the teacher’s classroom. The student can choose which final project to complete. The student will complete one of the following options:
Develop a poster, presentation, or paper that describes the fundamentals ofhelping students succeed through Grit and Mindset.
Write a letter to parents or your students that describe the role of role of Grit and Mindset.
- Participation (20 points)
- Grit Scale Completion (5 points)
- Journals (15 points)
- Chapter Summaries (20 points)
- Article Summaries (10 points)
- Culminating Project (25 points)
- A = 90- 100 points
- B = 80-89 points
- C = 70-79 points
- D = 60-69 points
- F = 59 and lower
Seattle Pacific University- Refund Policy:
- Withdrawal requests submitted within 3 days of the course start date will receive a 100% refund.
- Withdrawal requests submitted within 21 days of the course start date will receive a 95 percent refund.
- No refunds will be given after 21 days, and no withdrawals will be accepted after the end date of the course.
Link for button payment