What is a CEU?

CEU stands for Continuing Education Unit. State licensing boards often require educators to earn a certain amount of CEUS to ensure they are keeping their licenses up to date. School districts often require teachers to earn CEUS to move up on a salary schedule or move over and make a “lane change”.

Will my school or state accept CEUS from CEUS for Teachers?

  • Most states accept continuing education units from CEUS for Teachers.
  • CEUS for Teachers is preapproved through Montana, Wyoming, Illinois, Texas, and Colorado. Most other states accept our CEUS as well, but we recommend that you receive prior approval from your school district or employer.
  • Many educators from around the country have taken successfully taken courses from us.
  • Please review your local state and district policies for specific requirements. Please note that it is important that you verify acceptance of our courses with your own licensing agency.

How do I pay for Seattle Pacific University Courses?

Seattle Pacific University

What if I am not satisfied with my University course- can I get my money back?

Seattle Pacific University- Refund Policy:

  • Withdrawal requests submitted within 3 days of the course start date will receive a 100% refund.
  • Withdrawal requests submitted within 21 days of the course start date will receive a 95 percent refund.
  • No refunds will be given after 21 days, and no withdrawals will be accepted after the end date of the course.

Workshops or CEU courses - Refund policy:

  • Because immediate access is given, refunds will only be given within the first 3 days of purchase.

Are the courses based off research-based strategies?

  • All courses are built by experienced teachers for teachers. The content is created from researched-based strategies that can be implemented into your classroom tomorrow. Use what you learn today when you teach tomorrow.

What does my course include?

  • On-demand access- 24-7
  • Instructor guidance, videos, audio, or PowerPoint lessons.
  • Discussion boards- engage, collaborate, and discuss with other educators from around the world.
  • Meaningful lessons- make and takes, journals, or quizzes (you chose how to engage)
  • Additional resources
  • Certificate of Completion
  • State specific for Montana- OPI
  • Wyoming- PTSB
  • Approved in Colorado, Illinois, Texas, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and more.

What is a book study?

  • A book study gives you the opportunity to read that professional book that you have been dying to read but never have time. Now, you can read at your own pace and engage in an online professional learning committee while earning your CEUS.
  • Book studies are slated for 3 CEUS or 45 clock hours, which gives you time to read the book and talk to others who are reading the same book. Read at your own pace and engage in the classroom when you have time.

When will I get my Certificate?

  • At the end of the course, you will immediately receive your certificate that you can print or save to your computer.
  • If you are taking a course for graduate credit, you will have to wait until transcripts are issued for the official transcript. See below.

What do I do if I lose my CEU certificate?

  • Don’t worry it happens to all of us. Log back in to your course and reprint it.

How do I get my transcripts for my university course at Seattle Pacific?

  • Seattle Pacific University will mail an official transcript upon request. Contact SPU Student Academic Services website to learn how to access an unofficial transcript or request an official transcript. There is a $5 fee for each official transcript, payable at the time it is ordered.

Need a different course or book study?

  • If you want a particular course and you do not see it listed, let us know. Chances are if you need it others do too. Send your requests to [email protected]

Didn’t find the answer to your question?